Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

Kethal Chicken

                                                        Kethal's  is a hotel in Kochi , well known for a chicken recipe Kethals chicken.And the first time I went there , I saw our Indian fast bowler Sreesanth . OK,  back to the dish. This is an extremely spicy dish with lots and lots of chilly flakes. In the hotel it was served with unlimited lemonade and  chappathi or ghee rice. My choice was ghee rice. Even though the dish was tasty, it was like having a fire ball in your digestive system.Yesterday, my friend reminded me about this recipe, and from that very moment I wanted to make it.
                                                    This recipe demands tender chicken where the whole chicken would weigh around 200 to 250 grams. Since I could not find that,  I opted chicken wings.This is my version of Kethal chicken.

Ingredients
  1. 8 chicken wings.
  2. 10-12 dry chilly (unakka molaku) or  2 tbsp crushed chilly flakes.
  3. 1 tbsp extra hot chilly powder.
  4. 1 tbsp kashmiri chilly powder
  5. 1/2 tsp corriander powder.
  6. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
  7. 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
  8. 2 tbsp lemon juice/viinegar
  9. Salt 
  10. 1 tbsp oil (preferably coconut oil)
  11. oil for deep frying.
    Preparation
  1. In a Kadai pour 1 tbsp oil and saute dry chilly for nearly 2 minutes.
  2. Drain off excess oil and crush them  in a mini mill.
  3. Now for marination, mix these flakes with ingredients 3-9 in a bowl .
  4. Marinate Chicken wings in  with the above marinade and keep it aside for at least 1 hour.
  5. Deep fry .
            While frying, chilly flakes will fall off from the chicken. So, try to scrape them from the kadai and  place it in a kitchen towel. Its very tasty and would be useful for decoration.










3 comments:

  1. enikku vayya .. mouthwatering got to try this out. Is that rice in picture ghee rice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. kethal chicken is too gud nd im sure i will like it but....i cant prepare it dear cos if i make it tht will be my last day in kitchen.jacky will kick me out for sure.give me some less spicy recipes dear...but i will try this out when i go to palakkad.sui chettan will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hana, by the way who gave you details about this?I think you should publish his/her name too :P lol

    ReplyDelete